Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Stuggle Between the Alliances.

The United Confederation of Corporations, or UCC for short. Has been living next to use for some time now. They have become apart of Alpa Faction, mined the ice in Mercomesier, and helped keep the area clear of pirates. They have been quite an asset to the operations near Alparena in the past few months. But all good things must come to an end, as they say.

Today I received on a private channel, information from a friend of mine, that UCC was going to be leaving the area come Monday. This wasn't all of the news either. I was also told that OXIDE has been declared hostile to UCC. Now as Cash Money Brothers is part of OXIDE, this is very bad news. Luckily I did find out that UCC will be keeping Alpa Faction on friendly terms, including Cash Money Brothers, even though we are part of OXIDE. While I had the channel open, I asked in return where UCC was going to be moving to, and their policy on Band of Brothers (BoB). I found out that they are going to be moving just south west of Alparena into what is known as Outer Ring. Outer Ring is a region just north of a BoB province and is under the sovereignty of a old Gallente corporation known as ORE. I also found out that UCC is a supporter of BoB. I wasn't too pleased to hear this, as I used to be a member of the Fountain Alliance which was decimated by BoB, The Five, and a few other rogue corporations, acting as puppets for the two. Fountain is the main province of BoB at the current moment and is the region just south of Outer Ring.

After receiving the daunting news from UCC, I did my usual scan route from Alparena to RQH-MY. I only ended up finding some old ruins in a system called Y2-6EA. Nothing much of value was there except a few fried circuit boards and stripped wiring. I might be able to make something out of those pieces later, but at the moment they aren't doing anything but taking up precious cargo space in my little Helios of mine.

After finding the ruins in Y2-6EA I then headed back to Mercomesier to see if I couldn't get any mining done. I dropped my Helios off at our tower in Mercomesier and picked up my Mackinaw and headed out to the ice belt to join StCol Huey, Ragnor Wolverine, and Kieriante who were already out harvesting the giant ice asteroids. After a few run-ins with Serpentis and a few rogue pirates showing up, I was able to collect enough ice to get me another 50 million isk. It's not much but for the time spent mining I can't really complain. Hopefully I can spend more time tomorrow in the belt pounding away at the ice. Now to head back to Alparena and get a room for the night.

No comments: