Sunday, March 25, 2007

Live and Learn

Yesterday started out as just a usual day. I started by taking my Ishkur to Mercomesier and then hopping in my Mackinaw to start a day of mining. With every piece of ice I mine, I get that much closer to buying the mighty Caldari dreadnought, the Phoenix.

Shortly after I started mining, I saw Sara Ragar join Mr. Hangover in her new Scimitar. The Scimitar isn't much of a combat vessel, but it is highly prized in fleet operations as it is a support based ship. It carries very little in the way of weapons, but defense capabilities it grants to fellow ships by far makes up for its lack of attack power. Mr. Hangover was guarding us in his prized Drake. It's a Caldari Battlecruiser with a force to be reckoned with. With an armament of 7 missile launchers, its quite a deadly ship. And with Sara Ragar there to help him absorb damage, we probably had a near invincible show of force. Or at least thats what we wanted to think.

After a few hours of harvesting the ice, two very ruthless pirates showed up. One was in the Dominix class battleship and the other was in a heavy assault cruiser called the Cerberus. At the first site of these two pirates, we headed to our outpost in a hurry, in a hopes that they would get bored and leave Mercomesier for another system.

The rest of my corporation at this time decided to see if we couldn't just remove them ourselves. Because my only combat worthy vessel nearby was the Ishkur, I decided to op out of this little operation. Sgt. Huey, LedDriver, Tivorian, Mr. Hangover and Sara Ragar all got in their nearest combat ships and headed into the fray. I believe Sgt. Huey was in a Raven battleship, LedDriver was in the Caracal, Tivorian the Celestis, and Sara Ragar was in her Scimitar. I don't know what happened afterwards, as all I information I could gather was over the corporation's com channel. All I remember is that near the end of the operation there was a panic as everyone was trying to get away from the Reschard gate because the two pirates had them pinned down there. And shortly afterwards Tivorian calling out that it was a bad plan on his part. But as they always say, "Live and learn."

After losing that little fight, it seemed like hours before the pirates decided to leave. Which was just moments before we thought about brining in a Cynosural Field Generator to hopefully scare them away. The idea was to pop up a cynosural field in hopes that they would think that we were bringing in a capital class ship to eliminate them, but as I said they left just moments before we could pull the plan into action, so the cynosural field was not needed. After they left I went back to mining with Sgt. Huey for a few more hours then then traveled back to our outpost to call it a night.

No comments: